Let’s widen the debate on breast cancer risk factors and get urgent action on environmental and occupational links to breast cancer.
From Pink to Prevention has brought together a wide range of experts and activists from around the world to produce an interactive poster designed to tell you all the things you need to know about the issue. It’s an accessible summary of what’s going on, why we need to call it out and who we need to put the pressure on to get primary prevention on the agenda. Primary prevention means stopping the disease before it starts. (Prevention is sometimes wrongly confused with early detection).
POSTERS AND WEBPAGE
(i) FULL POSTER
(ii) SHORT LANDSCAPE POSTER
(iii) Full size poster images
Interactive poster: Hover on the open book icon for live links that will take you to further information. Be patient! Some of you may find your computer needs a few seconds to load up the full page. If you find the text too small, please use the zoom feature in your web browser to enlarge the poster image. Scroll to page end to get instructions on zooming.
FILMS TO WATCH
(Our poster links to these films also)
- Stephane Horel – Endocrination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ks5OSVDl00
- Stephane Horel – Le Grande Invasion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMFfXYRzvo
- Lea Pool Pink Ribbons Inc
Chemicals, Breast Cancer, EU Regulation & Brexit. From Pink to Prevention event to mark the end of Breast Cancer Prevention Month, Portcullis House Westminster, October 2017
Speakers videos here.
AN INTRODUCTION TO ENDOCRINE (hormone) DISRUPTING CHEMICALS (EDCS)
Breast cancer is a primarily hormone (oestrogen) driven disease. EDCs disrupt the complex endocrine system.
- A short you tube intro to EDCs
- Visit EDC Free Europe
- Visit TEDX (USA) The Endocrine Disruption Exchange
A SUMMARY OF SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE LINKING ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATION TO BREAST CANCER
plus a link to more in-depth resources
- Spread the word – sign our BIG QUESTION PETITION
- Here’s is a list of things you can do: as consumer, worker and citizen
- Get your MP to support our Early Day Motion tabled by Caroline Lucas which calls upon the Government to act upon the urgent inclusion of environmental and occupational risk factors into all National Cancer Plans and strategies. An EDM is a great opportunity to raise awareness amongst MPs and ours will run into Spring 2017. Here you will find the full EDM text, a sample letter for your MP and how to find your MP if you don’t know who your MP is.